POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : License Violation: 3D Render Studio 2000 : Re: License Violation: 3D Render Studio 2000 Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:22:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: License Violation: 3D Render Studio 2000
From: David Fontaine
Date: 13 Aug 2001 16:24:46
Message: <3B783557.31156435@faricy.net>
Fabien Mosen wrote:

> That is a copyright infringement (Ken's copyright), at the very least,
> regardless of POV-Ray's specific license issues.

Speaking of copyright infringement, I got an email today soliciting me
to pay to have my website submitted to 300,000+ search engines.  Mistake
number one, the subject line was all caps.  Mistake number two, it was
in HTML.  And so on.  It included at the bottom a stupid image map of a
big magnet pulling little people towards my site, with this illegal
image right in the middle of it:

http://image10.trafficmagnet.net/image1671/5/9/img286.jpg

I replied and told them to remove the image, that I don't want their
stupid service, and that I found much of their solicitating email in
poor taste.