POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : UV problems : Re: UV problems Server Time
6 Oct 2024 11:33:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UV problems
From: Abe
Date: 12 Aug 2001 07:57:18
Message: <3B766E72.E1FB55AF@taconic.net>
I had to slog my way through this same problem a short while ago. I not
sure of the cause but I suspect it may have to do with whether or not
the origional model was supplied with normals. (In my case I had a
Hammapatch model that I wanted to UV map.)

My solution was to run the model through Crossroads 3D and have the
normals calculated there before going on.

I don't know though if this solution is applicable to you or not. Good
luck.

Abe