POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : POVGUI : Re: POVGUI Server Time
2 Jun 2024 02:10:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVGUI
From: Dave Dunn
Date: 8 Aug 2001 09:15:18
Message: <3B713B99.3D5E972A@aol.com>
Nekar Xenos wrote:

> >Wouldn't it be possible to take a scene as an object and duplicate it on 4
> >sections of the render scene, each time rotating it for a different view and
> >then clipping it to give a front/top/side/isometric view result on one screen?
> >Front/top/side/perspective would be even nicer, but I don't know if that's
> >possible.

I had originally wondered if putting all four views on the screen would be possible,
but had been thinking in terms of multiple simultaneous camera views, which, of
course, is not possible. I hadn't thought of unioning the whole scene multiple times
and translating/rotating it to give all views at once by construction. It is an
interesting logistics problem, and, as you indicated, the real challenge would be
incorporating a faithful version of the perspective view. Thank you for what I am
sure will be a long night of tinkering <g>.