POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : HF height: bug report : Re: HF height: bug report Server Time
6 Oct 2024 16:14:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HF height: bug report
From: Markus Becker
Date: 7 Aug 2001 10:40:04
Message: <3B6FFDD9.4D82F1E5@aicoss.de>
Vadim Sytnikov wrote:

> For example, those unused function parameters you mention. For
> decades, it's been a good C programming habit to write an extra
> statement like this
>
>     (void) my_unused_function_argument;

Which will issue another warning like "code has no effect".
Which I get. ;-)

You can always get rid of all warnings. And I tend to try
that (not always being succesfull). But I have a small system
developed by me and my company which is well over 150000
lines of code and issues exactly 4 (four) warning like the
above.

Markus