POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : best way to plot 3D density field : Re: best way to plot 3D density field Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:29:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: best way to plot 3D density field
From: Michael Andrews
Date: 6 Aug 2001 07:08:07
Message: <3B6E7BF4.DF0BC1E@reading.ac.uk>
Hi Paul,

The best place to start would be to look at the df3 demo files. With the
Windows MegaPoV version they come under the demos\df3 directory. The
'make_df3.pov' creates a .df3 file from a series of slices through a
texture, 'use_df3.pov' takes the created .df3 and uses it as a media
density pattern.

The standard POVRay help file describes the .df3 file format in the
'Density_File' section under 'Patterns'; it is a very simple format so
you should be able to convert your TEM data.

Hope this helps a little,
	Mike Andrews.