POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV 3.5?? : Re: POV 3.5?? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:15:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 3.5??
From: Ken
Date: 6 Aug 2001 02:02:29
Message: <3B6E3354.E0AA856D@pacbell.net>
"Rick [Kitty5]" wrote:

> >   I'd say better fix known bugs and shortcomings than release a buggy
> version.
>
> but then it will never be released - you have to at some point come to the
> decision that enough is enough and its time for a public beta - afterall
> thats what beta is for....

And this too will happen. At the moment things like final syntax
adjustments, big_bug_testing, example scene-file creation, and
documentation needs to be ironed out before the public beta testers
can get their hands on it. It sounds easy but it is not. This release
has a lot of new features, some of which are very complicated, and
will take longer to finish than say v3.1 did.

--
Ken Tyler