POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fastest way of making polyhedra : Re: Fastest way of making polyhedra Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:23:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fastest way of making polyhedra
From: Andrea Ryan
Date: 5 Aug 2001 21:18:24
Message: <3B6DEE89.1A773CD3@global2000.net>
I have made #declares of meshes for the tetrahedron, cube and
octahedron.  I saw some vertexes of the dodecahedron and the icosahedron
in another polyhedra include file.  They used the golden ratio.  Is
there a reason for this?  I want to have the edges have lengths of one.
I'll use some trig to find coordinates of the points that will give that
result.
Brendan