POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : error: No triangles in triangle mesh. : Re: error: No triangles in triangle mesh. Server Time
6 Oct 2024 11:49:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: error: No triangles in triangle mesh.
From: Ken
Date: 1 Aug 2001 22:33:05
Message: <3B68BC36.B1D1470@pacbell.net>
Kari Kivisalo wrote:

> PlantStudio2 -> LWO -> Rhino 1.1 ->
>
> mesh{
> .
>   smooth_triangle{...}
> } <-----ERROR
>
> plant_4.inc:2145: error: No triangles in triangle mesh.
>
> The plant is in 5 inc files 1 mesh per file and 2 of 5 generate this
> error. Visual inspection didn't reveal any obvious errors. Same error
> in 3.1g too. Suggestions?

I've seen this happen when the mesh only contains degenerate triangles
from the conversion process. I know of no way of fixing it but you might
try a "union{}" wrapper rather than a "mesh{}" to see if the model will
render. If you do have a lot of degenerate triangles you will get 100's
of warnings if you use the union{}.

--
Ken Tyler