POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : POVMan Q: Coordinate transforms in shaders. : POVMan Q: Coordinate transforms in shaders. Server Time
6 Oct 2024 10:51:41 EDT (-0400)
  POVMan Q: Coordinate transforms in shaders.
From: Michael Andrews
Date: 10 Jul 2001 07:13:26
Message: <3B4AE4C4.2828DF01@reading.ac.uk>
Hi folks,

I'm writing a shader for use with POVMan. The output colour is designed
to be used in a type 0 displacement warp. At the moment it seems to be
working at the origin, is scaling and rotating, but goes wrong when I
try to translate it.

The problem is, which coordinate transforms do I use?

The shader produces a 'swirl' effect in the displacement warp, with the
local axis of rotation defined in one of three ways.

I can not seem to get the right coordinate transforms for the axis and I
have no idea which transform to use for the colour output.

I'm posting an image on p.b.i and the shader and a scene file to
p.b.s-f, so if any shader writers out there could have a look at it and
make any suggestions ...

Thanks for any help,
	Mike Andrews.