POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Making animatable humans : Re: Making animatable humans Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:27:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making animatable humans
From: Tom A
Date: 5 Jul 2001 15:11:52
Message: <3B44BBF8.4ACB6733@my-deja.com>
Remco Poelstra wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was thinking about how to make animatable humans. At the moment
> there's pretty less software (I only know Poser, but it doesn't animated
> and export to pov). So I was thinking, perhaps I can write some nice
> piece of software myself. But there's a big problem, what is the best
> way to design human beings? I'm artistically not capable of desinging
> them, so they have to be physical creatable, so I 'only' have to get a
> nice algorithm.
> I was thinking about getting the bones and muscles once and the let the
> user input the size, length and so on. I don't know if this can be done.
>
> Anyone has some good ideas on what user input is needed?
>
> Remco Poelstra

Have you looked at Blobman?  I've played a little with it, and the
people seem acceptable (I wish I understood how to make clothes for
them, though).  I've not gotten past some basic posing, but the people
are already built, the "output" of a movement macro would be a matrix of
positions for the body parts.

Good luck (I would love to have an easy to use human animation macro,
too).

--
Tom A.
See everything; over look a great deal; correct a little.  -Blessed Pope