POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Radiosity with lots of RAM : Re: Radiosity with lots of RAM Server Time
6 Oct 2024 11:54:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity with lots of RAM
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 4 Jul 2001 13:19:32
Message: <3B435099.153EB3B7@inapg.inra.fr>
Kari Kivisalo wrote:

> Would it be possible to speed radiosity by putting the main scene file
> in RAM disk so that the .rca file would be in RAM too?

Not a answer to that precise point, but slicing the render into smaller
chunks (+er0.1, +er0.2 etc.) helps a lot keeping the memory use in check
for radiosity images. I would never have been able to render 3200*2400 rad
pics without it (and I've never noticed visible artefacts due to the
resuming).

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com