POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Making animatable humans : Re: Making animatable humans Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:26:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making animatable humans
From: John VanSickle
Date: 3 Jul 2001 16:02:58
Message: <3B4226A1.71494106@erols.com>
Remco Poelstra wrote:

> I was thinking about how to make animatable humans. At the moment
> there's pretty less software (I only know Poser, but it doesn't
> animated and export to pov). So I was thinking, perhaps I can write
> some nice piece of software myself. But there's a big problem, what is
> the best way to design human beings?

I'm note-taking on a similar project; namely, I'm working on a
subdivision surface modeller that supports UV mapping and posable
models, with the ability to generate .INC files that can be animated
with the appropriate POV script.  It's a tall order, and my IRTC work
is greatly hampering the progress of the project.

Once this is done, someone else can actually model the humans.

Regards,
John
--
ICQ: 46085459