POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Read Me : Re: Read Me Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Read Me
From: Dave Dunn
Date: 3 Jul 2001 09:12:14
Message: <3B41C4E8.9D2211F5@aol.com>
"Bob H." wrote:

> > The coprocessor thing mentioned here reminded me that at the time I also
> didn't >have a math coprocessor but added one in at some point.  Must have
> been to >use POV-Ray and I had forgotten about it until now.

I guess my POV experience goes back a little farther. I started out using POV
(Version 1 I believe) on a 286-12 with no math coprocessor. At the time, there
were two versions of POV for DOS, one that required a coprocessor, and one that
didn't. This went away with the release of version 2. BTW, I own a copy of
Raytracing Worlds, and still refer to it from time to time for the wealth of
insights that it offers.