POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Making animatable humans : Making animatable humans Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:26:55 EDT (-0400)
  Making animatable humans
From: Remco Poelstra
Date: 1 Jul 2001 13:26:53
Message: <3B3F7A8F.50106@home.nl>
Hi,

I was thinking about how to make animatable humans. At the moment
there's pretty less software (I only know Poser, but it doesn't animated
and export to pov). So I was thinking, perhaps I can write some nice
piece of software myself. But there's a big problem, what is the best
way to design human beings? I'm artistically not capable of desinging
them, so they have to be physical creatable, so I 'only' have to get a
nice algorithm.
I was thinking about getting the bones and muscles once and the let the
user input the size, length and so on. I don't know if this can be done.

Anyone has some good ideas on what user input is needed?

Remco Poelstra