POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : bezier patches problem : Re: bezier patches problem Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:20:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bezier patches problem
From: Reusser
Date: 25 Jun 2001 01:02:43
Message: <3B36C4FE.A0471CE1@chorus.net>
j charter wrote:

> I have been using this:

I'm not quite sure if that's what I needed.  Won't this just stretch a sheet
between four points?  I need to have it so you can specify additional tangents
to those points.  Otherwise the patches will not quite match up perfectly.  I
posted an image in p.b.i. to illustrate my problem.  I want to specify the
green tangents, but have it interpolate the red points.

Also, I use megapov now and just realized that bezier patches are only in
megapov.  (Sorry for posting this in general)  Are there major differences
between bicubic and bezier patches?  Do they behave the same way?  Is this a
dumb question?

Thanks a million.

 - Rico