POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : another math graphics gallery : Re: another math graphics gallery Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:26:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: another math graphics gallery
From: Ken
Date: 23 Jun 2001 19:09:29
Message: <3B35215E.C30FA9D2@pacbell.net>
Warp wrote:

> Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
> :> The user is also granted the right to use the scene files,
> :> fonts, bitmaps, and include files distributed in the
> :> INCLUDE and SCENES\INCDEMO sub-directories in their own
> :> scenes.
>
> : What about all the people who use the standard include files in their
> : scenes ?
>
>   The povlegal specifically says (as seen above) that's ok.

Ok, that is covered in POv-Legal but what happens if I copy a box
object out of one of the scenes in the SCENES directory and use it
in one of my works ? A box is a box is a box...

And what if I rip a string of code out of one of Colefax's incs
and use it to create something different. Technically it is
still a derivitive work but yeilds entirely different results ?
Am I stealing from Chris ?

--
Ken Tyler