POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : rookie struggling with textures; : Re: rookie struggling with textures; Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rookie struggling with textures;
From: Dan Johnson
Date: 23 Jun 2001 05:28:36
Message: <3B3461B8.CC1109CC@hotmail.com>
sacrofts wrote:

> >   I guess I need some find something that can convert bmp to jpg or gif.  If I
> > ever get this to work right i will be posting someof the results on my web
> > server (this is a project with an agenda).
>
> I guess there are many others, but XnView does a good job at converting formats
> http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pierre.g/index.html
>
> Steve

Never heard of that image viewer I am downloading it now.  I always use
The Gimp www.gimp.org for my file conversions.  I really like how it
helps you tune the jpg quality settings rather than guess, and check.
Plus it does more than I ever wanted to do when it comes to image
editing.
--
Dan Johnson

http://www.geocities.com/zapob