POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : rookie struggling with textures; : rookie struggling with textures; Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:24:50 EDT (-0400)
  rookie struggling with textures;
From: Chris Olin
Date: 22 Jun 2001 18:16:14
Message: <3B33D27A.DCAE78A@ix.netcom.com>
This is the statement I am trying to use;

#declare COLOR_7 = texture
      {
         pigment
         {
            image_map
            {
               sys   "f:\vgap\scout\alum_808.bmp"
            }
         }
         finish
         {
            ambient 0.1
            brilliance 3.0
            phong 1.0
            phong_size 10.0
            metallic 1.0
         }
      }
      rotate -90.0 * x
   }

  I'm getting an error "Object or direction expected; but, 'rotate'
found in stead"

  I think I'm missing a " { ", but, I'm not sure where it goes.

  Also is there a way to tell the 3.1 windows version to output to
something other then bmp?  jpg would be prefered.

Chris