POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Call for Mac programmers : Re: POVMan 0.71 available for MAC (carbon) [WAS Call for Mac programmers] Server Time
20 Jul 2024 21:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVMan 0.71 available for MAC (carbon) [WAS Call for Mac programmers]
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 18 Jun 2001 14:01:11
Message: <3B2E424A.F56B0629@comtrade.ee>
Smellenbergh wrote:

> Vahur Krouverk <vkr### [at] comtradeee> wrote:
>
> Well, I have compiled a version for Macintosh.
Thanks!

> I did not compare files, I simply used the files for 0.71 and compiled
> them (after some minor changes to make my c++ compiler eat them).

Can You create version 0.74 (it contains Bouf's cloth patch + number of
bug fixes, seems like people are interested in cloth patch)? Source code
could be found in Bouf's homepage:
http://tofbouf.free.fr/clothray/download_en.html
I guess, that easiest way is to download update file, overwrite them
over old source and add new (cloth simulation patch related) files to
makefile.

> I made a little archive with the two compiles:
> * POVMan/MegaPOV Carb 0.71 this is the rendering engine
> * povslc this is the compiler.
> I added a litte readme to get you started.
>
> One note: I could not render the demo brick, the result wasn't good.

I'm not sure, that I understand this. Was there error or was the output
just bad? Can You post example output?

> The
> scene anisotrop would not compile with povslc. Looks like there is an
> error on line 4? Anyone??? I used the window sources and docs to start
> with.

Sorry, this is my fault! I added function sqr to shading language, but
didn't test all example files afterward. This file contains user defined
version of sqr, and therefore it gives error. This function declaration
could be just removed.