POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Call for Mac programmers : Re: POVMan 0.71 available for MAC (carbon) [WAS Call for Mac programmers] Server Time
20 Jul 2024 21:25:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVMan 0.71 available for MAC (carbon) [WAS Call for Mac programmers]
From: Tom Stone
Date: 18 Jun 2001 12:36:08
Message: <3B2E2F0B.5DFC29F5@telia.com>
Smellenbergh wrote:

> Well, I have compiled a version for Macintosh. It should run under 8.6
> or later with carbonlib. So, if you run it under the classic
> environment, you must make sure to have the Carbonlib 1.3 or later
> installed. It should also run under MacOS X (but not tested).
>
> Please let me know how things work!
>
> Yvo Smellenbergh

I'm probably missing something very obvious, but...

I downloaded it, and then I checked the URL
http://tofbouf.free.fr/clothray/download_en.html
..as suggested in the Read-me file.
There I downloaded a few demo scenes from the tutorial pages named
"drape.pov" and "nappe.pov".
But both of them refused to render because POVMan didn't recognize the phrase
"simcloth" in the demo scenes.

I'm using a Power Mac G3, system 9.0.4

Tom Stone