POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : focal_blur post_process request : Re: focal_blur post_process request Server Time
6 Oct 2024 11:14:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: focal_blur post_process request
From: Francois Dispot
Date: 17 Jun 2001 12:48:07
Message: <3B2CDF43.E4D6BE9E@club-internet.fr>
Daniel Lin wrote:

> Yep.  Oooh, then I have no idea what the answer is.  I'd like to know, too,
> then.
>
> BTW, does anybody know what relation (if any) there is between the apeture
> setting and the actual f-stops on cameras?

Since the following macro works:

http://www.wozzeck.net/images/DoF.html

it seems that aperture has the "right" value... I mean that f-stops are
actually focal-length-divided-by... values. Eg. your nice 300mm f/2.8
has an "aperture" of 107 mm. The problem is to determine the "focal
length" of your camera, which is certainly not the one you get in 24x36
mm. See the macro page and source for more details.
--