POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stereo Rendering? : Re: Stereo Rendering? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stereo Rendering?
From: John VanSickle
Date: 15 Jun 2001 16:30:45
Message: <3B2A71EB.6514B865@erols.com>
Bill DeWitt wrote:

> Is there a way to render stereo versions of an image in one pass?
> Other than setting up some mirrors?
>
> I want to do an animation in stereo and I don't want to paste together
> all those images...

Use POV-Ray to paste them together.  Paint one half of a plane with
one image, the other half with the other.  Use the str(,,) function to
select the file to use for each side, and then render as an animation.
Don't anti-alias the paste-up render.

I used a similar process to do the blocky digital censoring in my IRTC
entry titled "Showbots."

Regards,
John
--