POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : zRCube (POV Clone) : Re: zRCube (POV Clone) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:16:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: zRCube (POV Clone)
From: John VanSickle
Date: 31 May 2001 15:11:30
Message: <3B1698A4.436F5F7F@erols.com>
Warp wrote:

>   They also have this funny conception that in current computers the
> scenes made by people take usually much less than 1 minute to render.
> What a crap. You can look at almost any high-quality image (no matter
> which renderer) and see how much time it took to render: The render
> time of a final rendering is usually several hours, no matter what
> computer was used. For example most IRTC images take many hours to
> render (often the rendering times can be even several days).

My Rusty animations take about twenty minutes per frame for final
rendering, and I generally draw the line at about thirty.  But since
there are usually over a thousand of them in each animation, I have to
draw the line somewhere.

The only ones that take less than a minute are the very dark parts of
the fades...  As for the others, I assume I'm leaving stuff out if
they take less than ten minutes per frame in the final rendering.

Regards,
John
--
ICQ: 46085459