POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Brick arch???? : Re: Brick arch???? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:21:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brick arch????
From: Jérôme Grimbert
Date: 3 May 2001 03:50:26
Message: <3AF10E1A.E66AFF4@atosorigin.com>
Shawn wrote:

>  From what I can gather, it seems similar to MPovs Uv mapping?

Not at all. UV mapping is defined by the object and some object do not
have UVmapping
<Holy war>
That why I think UVmapping is not a good thing for POV.
When the renderer only handle triangles and nurbs, UVmapping
is probably mandatory. But with object like julia, true CSG,
and isosurface, it's really impossible to have homogeneous
UVmapping.
<End of Holy war>

> Does it
> deform the object or the texture?

Only the texture. You still need a normal object.