POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Brick arch???? : Re: Brick arch???? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:13:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brick arch????
From: Jérôme Grimbert
Date: 2 May 2001 03:55:10
Message: <3AEFBDB3.210A725C@atosorigin.com>
Shawn wrote:

> Can anyone point me towards creating a decent looking brick arch? I did
> try using a radial bump map and a high frequency. While it looked quite
> funky, it wasn't what I was looking for. Is there a way to take an
> existing texture and bend it?

You may find interest at a warp patch I made sometime ago...
see http://pov.grimbert.cjb.net/
in the patch section, Warps link.

The transformation are for cylinders, spheres, cones and tori; in both direction
(from bent to straight and vice-versa).
Beware, it's in french, so you may need a translation... And I do not think it
is currently part of any MegaPov (but it also seems that there is something
similar already in a MegaPov)