POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : DemtoPov... : Re: DemtoPov... Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DemtoPov...
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 24 Apr 2001 12:24:34
Message: <3AE5A8D2.998C7031@gmx.de>
Al_Canada wrote:

>     Alex,  from Quebec,  Canada.
>
> ....  I thought it was the good forum to ask my question.
> I downloaded DEM datas and learned I had to use
> Dem_to_Pov in order to be able use it into Pov;  So,
> I downloaded the freeware,  but I would like to know
> if I will be able to use the tga. file into PovWin  (the window version)
>
> I don't understand DOS anymore (but could do a little...),
> so is there another way of converting Dem datas into Pov for window ?!
>
> Thanx,            Alex Pilote

I don't know about the Dem_to_Pov program you mentioned, but you can
surely use a tga file as a heightfield/image_map in every version of
Povray.

Conversion depends on what format you have the DEM in.  There are some
programs capable of importing and exporting a lot of different DEM file
formats, you might want to check the Povray links page:

http://www.povray.org/links/3D_Programs/Height_Field_Modelling_Programs_and_Utilities/

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>