POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Re: Using the Emacs POV-Mode in the win32 XEmacs : Re: Using the Emacs POV-Mode in the win32 XEmacs Server Time
5 Jul 2024 07:52:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using the Emacs POV-Mode in the win32 XEmacs
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 24 Apr 2001 08:08:09
Message: <3AE56CB8.8A9ACC75@gmx.de>
Warp wrote:

> Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> : For emacs you probably need a command line version of Povray
>
>   WinPov can be called from the command line as well.

Probably not a very good solution.  I tried it with other programs and
found that it:

- takes quite a long time to load
- does not print out anything (error info, stats) that can be used by the
invoking program
- does not return as you would expect from a console program
- does not work at all if 'keep single instance' is activated.

One thing that would be really useful is a command line GUI Extension that
emulates a command line Povray version, but invokes WinPov.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>