POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Specular mapping : Re: Specular mapping Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:22:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Specular mapping
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 17 Apr 2001 07:41:45
Message: <3ADC2AB2.B73FCB9B@videotron.ca>
Jakob Tendel wrote:

> Does one of the inofficial versions or even POV 3.5 support specular
> mapping (i.e. controlling the reflectivity of a surface through the grey
> value of an image file, analogous to height fields)? Would be nice,
> wouldn't it?

Yes and no.  Reflection and specularity are controlled by the finish{}
block and you can't use an image_map in the finish{} block.  However,
you can define multiple textures that have different finishes and apply
a material_map.

--
Francois Labreque | Make you a deal, I'll show you mine if you show
    flabreque     | me yours.