POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rotating the pigment too (51 KB) : Re: Rotating the pigment too (51 KB) Server Time
26 Apr 2024 08:02:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rotating the pigment too (51 KB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 14 Apr 2001 14:52:10
Message: <3AD89A95.A0990F56@hotmail.com>
JRG wrote:

> It's really cool.

Thank you !

> How you did it ? Pigment function?

The shape is done in MegaPOV by first randomly
displacing the surface of an iso-sphere with the
the noise3d() function, and then using 3 other
random functions to feed a general rotation
function with random angles so that it rotates
each point on the iso-surface randomly around
each of the x, y, and z -axes.

You may look at the source code that I posted
to povray.text.scene-files 10. March this year:

The pigment is done with a pigment function
that are fed with the same rotated coordinates.

I can post the source for if anyone is interested.

> Waiting for the radiosity version (I couldn't appreciate the first one,

Uhhmmm... Unfortunately I only have access to my
private PC right now. And it's WAY too slow for
a radiosity version. (Maybe I'll do it on my
much faster PC at work when the easter is over.)

--
Best regards,

Tor Olav

mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom