POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Any way to create variable turbulence? : Re: Any way to create variable turbulence? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:19:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any way to create variable turbulence?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 22 Mar 2001 09:21:12
Message: <3ABA0A53.C3C249F8@gmx.de>
Disnel wrote:

> I need to create turbulated pattern with amount of turbulence
> dynamically changing, at the center of some circle I need zero
> turbulence and at some distance from center I need turbulence 1.
>
> Ideal will be some way to get turbulence value at some point from
> another pattern.
>
> Any way to do this? Or I will require coding?

You can use a pigment_map, something like:

pigment {
  spherical
  pigment_map {
    [0.0 bozo turbulence 1.0 ]
    [1.0 bozo turbulence 0.0 ]
  }
}

Maybe use more pigment map entries with a while loop.

Rune has some examples for this technique on his site:
http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/3d/goodies/goodies.html

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>