POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Splash Texture : Re: Splash Texture Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Splash Texture
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 16 Mar 2001 16:01:43
Message: <3AB27F37.869C4D9D@gmx.de>
Geoff Wedig wrote:

> I'm trying to get a texture that looks something like a splash against a
> verticle surface.  Ie, throwing something messy against the surface and
> having it run down.  In this case, it's the effuvium from a pipe verticle
> next to the wall.  So the stain needs to go out and down.
>
> Has anyone done anything like this, and does anyone have any tips?  I've
> tried a variety of methods, but nothing looks very good.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Geoff

You could try Chris Huff's particle system patch, AFAIK it also allows to
make pigments from the simulated particles.

Of course the 'running down' could be problematic, the visibility pattern
I wrote (Megapov MCP) could be used for that, but right now it's probably
not flexible enough.

Another attempt would be to code something with blobs and maybe use blob
pattern / object pattern.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>