POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Cloth Sim problems : Re: Cloth Sim problems Server Time
17 Jun 2024 11:27:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloth Sim problems
From: Jérôme M  Berger
Date: 9 Mar 2001 09:40:20
Message: <3AA8EB54.9080903@iname.com>

 >> 3/  The main problem (especially in my anim) is the fact that, rather
 >>  than slide over the sphere, the cloth adheres to the surface of
 >> the sphere, and then stretches. It seems to make no difference whether
 >>  I set the friction variable to 0 or 1.
 > Sounds like a bug. Could you mail me the complete code (including  pov
 >  script and ini) so that I can run tests please? (mail is better
 > than  news since I can access it every day whereas I can only read
 > news on  fridays for the time being)

	It's more or less fixed in the version that's currently on my hard drive.
The "or less" part is the reason why I haven't released it yet, but it
should be available next week.

		Jerome
--

* Abandon the search for truth, * mailto:ber### [at] inamecom
* Settle for a good fantasy.    * http://www.enst.fr/~jberger