POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to get camera parameters from photohraph : Re: How to get camera parameters from photohraph Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:07:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to get camera parameters from photohraph
From: Disnel
Date: 2 Mar 2001 14:36:38
Message: <3AA0066F.5020803@hlavacek-partner.cz>
> I tried something like that once. I don't know if there's a specific method
> that can be used, all I can suggest is tweaking, tweaking and more
> tweaking...

What might help is some algorithm, which is able to compute cameras eye, target, angle
or right and left vectors
from pairs 3D vectors in model space and their apropriate 2D vector in images space.

> But anyway, in order to project a photo onto a scene you need a very special
> mapping type. I suggest you have a look at my illusions include file. It can
> project an image onto any surface in such a way that the image is not
> distorted by perspective. If you need any help with it, don't hesitate to
> ask me!
> http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/3d/illusion/illusion.html

Thanks, it looks good. But what I need now is to map photo as background
of whole image (this I've done, it was simple) and then match my
rendered image to photo (with this point I have serious problems...)

See p.b.i...

Disnel