POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Known Diffuse Coefficients? : Re: Known Diffuse Coefficients? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Known Diffuse Coefficients?
From: Ib Rasmussen
Date: 1 Mar 2001 15:03:05
Message: <3A9EAB91.ACC9E751@ibras.dk>
> > On closer inspection, neither do I. Is the Chrominance the RGB and the
> > Luminance the Diffuse?
>
> That's what I think it is.
>
> > What about the other numbers?
>
> I think it's the "luminance" broken down by wavelength (400 nm being the
> wavelength of red light)
>
> Could someone who understands this enlighten us (no pun intended)?

To me it looks like the Chromaticity values are the CIE x, y and z
tristimuli values, and Luminance is the CIE Y value.
To convert these values to RGB, I think you have to multiply each of the
chromaticity values by the luminance value.

The long list of numbers are the reflection values for each wavelength.

I don't think any of these values has anything to do with "diffuse
coefficients".

/Ib