POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Known Diffuse Coefficients? : Re: Known Diffuse Coefficients? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:04:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Known Diffuse Coefficients?
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 1 Mar 2001 08:11:51
Message: <3A9E49BE.D649EEF4@videotron.ca>
"Tony[B]" wrote:

> > However, I haven't read everything in there so I'm not quite sure I
> > grasp the full meaning of these numbers.
>
> On closer inspection, neither do I. Is the Chrominance the RGB and the
> Luminance the Diffuse?

That's what I think it is.

> What about the other numbers?

I think it's the "luminance" broken down by wavelength (400 nm being the
wavelength of red light)

Could someone who understands this enlighten us (no pun intended)?
Kari, maybe?

--
Francois Labreque | And a four year old carelessly banging on a toy
    flabreque     | piano is not only 'music', it's probably the last