POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Vector Function required?! Can you help me find or write it? : Re: Vector Function required?! Can you help me find or write it? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:15:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vector Function required?! Can you help me find or write it?
From: David Fontaine
Date: 20 Feb 2001 18:02:41
Message: <3A92F733.1C737A28@faricy.net>
I have such a macro for you: http://davidf.faricy.net/povre.html

reposition(Vector1,Vector2)
   reorients an object so it points along Vector2 instead of Vector1
   scales object according to vector length ratio
   NOTE: the reposition macros are specifically designed to keep the
object's axial rotation
      the same (ie, if you were to make a line perpendicular to the
initial vector that intersected
      the y axis, this line will still intersect the y axis after
applying the reposition macro). If you
      need a macro that will reposition your object like a ball and
socket joint, use John
      Vansickle's ReOrient macro from John Vansickle's Thoroughly Useful
Macros
      ( http://users.erols.com/vansickl/macs.htm ).

reposition2(Vector1,Vector2)
   reorients an object so it points along Vector2 instead of Vector1
   does not scale objects