POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mushy Sphere (37KB) : Re: Mushy Sphere (37KB) Server Time
6 May 2024 21:16:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mushy Sphere (37KB)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 20 Feb 2001 04:47:37
Message: <3A923D3B.BE192CFD@gmx.de>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> I have now dimmed down the main light source and reduced the
> recursion_limit from 4 to 3 and started a new rendering.
>
> Hopefully I'll see the result tomorrow when I come home from work.

Ooops, i thought you were using recursion_limit 1, if you use 3 or 4, this
seems perfectly ok.

> But would this be possible when the shape is made with CSG ?
>
> ... Or are there any "iso-normals" in MegaPOV ?

No, but in this case you could try to code the CSG in an isosurface
function although it's probably not worth the work, because it will be
extremely slow.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>