POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Other Bonds (52KB) : Re: Other Bonds (52KB) Server Time
29 Apr 2024 21:33:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Other Bonds (52KB)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 19 Feb 2001 05:11:30
Message: <3A90F153.225FEC3C@gmx.de>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> Thank you very much everyone !
>
> Sorry for not replying earlier.
> (I've been out in the real world doing a lot of ray-catching
> with my macro lens today.)
>
> I guess I'll use radiosity a lot in the future. I love it !
>
> To Christoph:
> I have now had a look at your radiosity pages and I find
> them very informative. Thanks for making them.

Thanks, i'm already planning to add some new things, but don't know when i
have time to make them.

> To Kari:
> Can you give any clues on what differences we might see
> if POV-Ray becomes able to output 48 bit images ?

You have more possibilities to adjust contrast etc. after rendering
without too much loss of quality.  For example your picture whould still
contain enough diversity in the areas totally white in the 24 bit output.
Although most graphic output devices do not have those capabilities, this
would mean a much higher contrast ratio in the actual data.

What I don't understand is the problem itself, AFAIK Povray can generate
48 bit png files.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>