POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to speed up rendering of complex CSGs? : How to speed up rendering of complex CSGs? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:18:38 EDT (-0400)
  How to speed up rendering of complex CSGs?
From: Yadgar
Date: 16 Feb 2001 17:33:36
Message: <3A8DAB79.55BC7FD8@ndh.net>
Hi Tracers!

I recently started to build an animation containing several thousand
primitives in eight CSGs (only three levels deep nested), and when I
started rendering, I was somewhat surprised by the slow progress - about

30 minutes for an image of 400 by 300 pixels, on an AMD K6-II running at

380 MHz!

Then, I started to think of methods to speed up the rendering... but
whether I disabled auto-bounding or not, it did not work faster. How can

I speed it up unless I don't use a lower quality level?

Hoping for replies,

see you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar