POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Q: Your scripting style : Re: Q: Your scripting style Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Q: Your scripting style
From: David Fontaine
Date: 14 Feb 2001 22:39:49
Message: <3A8B4F3C.84255D7F@faricy.net>
If the file gets really big, strip common items out to include files, such as
textures. Then use highly visible comments to seperate portions of the large
file

// * Things and stuff *

(I try to avoid the /*...*/ style comments when possible so that if I later want
to exclude a large chunk of code I can use them to comment it out and nothing
will interfere.)

I notice a lot of instructional references use a sort of comment margin; if you
want to comment on a specific line tab over a certain distance and comment there
so that all your comments line up, and it's like you have a column of psuedocode
running down the right-hand side of the text.