POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A Rusty movie? : A Rusty movie? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:15:06 EDT (-0400)
  A Rusty movie?
From: John VanSickle
Date: 13 Feb 2001 10:56:43
Message: <3A89595F.AC330CB2@hotmail.com>
I have, from time to time, received queries regarding a possible Rusty
animation longer than what can be done under the constraints of the
IRTC.  At this point I'm willing to explore the possibility of such a
project.

I envision something of about a half hour in length.  At a resolution
of 512x384, such an animation should fit on a CD-ROM, and can at higher
resolutions be distributed on video tape.

There are things I want to stress before jumping into this.

First, if such an effort were to detract from the Internet Movie
Project, meaning that people stop work on that in order to work on a
Rusty movie, I won't go forward with it. I don't want to slow up the
effort going on over there.

Second, I intend to donate the first salable effort to the POV-Ray
team, so that they can use whatever proceeds come from it to support
the continued development of POV-Ray.  Everyone involved would have to
agree to this.

Third, I will probably give up my participation in the IRTC in order
to concentrate on this project.  Not a big deal, I'm sure.

I humbly solicit any thoughts the POV-Ray community may have on this
matter.

Regards,
John