POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Egg Blobs? : Egg Blobs? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:13:33 EDT (-0400)
  Egg Blobs?
From: Josh English
Date: 8 Feb 2001 17:36:28
Message: <3A831F98.ABCF68DD@spiritone.com>
Someone just asked me what the mathematical name for the shape of an egg
was, since eggs aren't ellipsoidal, there must be another term, so I
thought. I did find these pages and I wonder how the math relates to the
blob function, or how shapes like the demonstration for Cassini's oval
might be done as an isosurface (which I should probably post to p.u.p, I
know) and generalized into 3D space... it might make them easier (for me
at least) to understand.

http://new.math.uiuc.edu/eggmath/Shape/cassini.htm

http://new.math.uiuc.edu/eggmath/Shape/descartes.html
--