POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Announce: MegaPOV v0.7 Ready for download (win,mac,dos) : Re: Announce: MegaPOV v0.7 Ready for download (win,mac,dos) Server Time
5 Oct 2024 15:36:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce: MegaPOV v0.7 Ready for download (win,mac,dos)
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 7 Feb 2001 02:27:45
Message: <3A80F8B1.F4864E56@aetec.ee>
Ryan Constantine wrote:

> has there been any consideration of including the additions made by
> povman?  i actually haven't had time to use it, but at school, i've had
> a ton of time to read about the renderman shading language and it seems
> to be a worth while addition to the already great povray.  keep up the
> good work.  pov rules!

Before adding povman features to MegaPov I'd like to add at least
surface derivatives stuff to it, as it is one of key features for
surface shaders. Unfortunately due to lack of time (and inspiration) I
haven't finished it yet and seems, like it will take another couple of
month at least.
However, hopefully sometimes in next week I plan to release new version
of PovMan, which includes MegaPov 0.7 changes, contains some bug fixes
and adds some nice features. Stay tuned!