POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : questoins : Re: questoins Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:31:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: questoins
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 30 Jan 2001 21:32:37
Message: <3A7779C9.D83A8864@peak.edu.ee>
Zac Trolley wrote:

>     I have a few questions. I use moray and i want to know how to get my
> files animated. I am totally confused by the help files. Also, how can i
> make high fields? i want to add some realistic backgrounds to my files.

It is possible to do animation from within Moray; newer versions (3.2 and onward
if I'm not mistaken) support a keyframe animation plugin by Alexander Enzmann.
You probably have to download it from the Moray site.
For animation from within POV-Ray itself, I suggest you see the help sections
about animation options (command-line / INI) and the clock keyword; scenes files
in /scenes/animate provide examples of how it works in practice.

As for heightfields, see the links section at www.povray.org for pointers to
some heightfield generation/manipulation tools (these help you create a bitmap
suitable for using with the height_field object).
The HF object can be created in Moray from the "create" tab and then the HF
bitmap file can be selected from the "modify" tab.
See also the POV help sections concerning heightfields, they should give a
reasonably complete overview of its workings.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee
Home page http://www.hot.ee/margusrt