POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Outside It (100KB) : Re: Outside It (100KB) Server Time
4 May 2024 16:33:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Outside It (100KB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 30 Jan 2001 18:05:46
Message: <3A77485B.FB3ED84E@online.no>
Thomas Charron wrote:

> "David Fontaine" <dav### [at] faricynet> wrote in message
> > Is that just a plain sphere or some other shape? The refraction looks
> > distorted.
>
>     I'd say it's an Isosurface, with vortexes or something in it..  This is
> the quote:
>
> >> The 2 iso's here are following the surface
> >> that are formed by Chris Huff's vortex
> >> function that he used in the image that
> >> he posted here 12. Dec. -00:

Oh - Sorry about this confusion.

I should have mentioned that it is the red and
blue tube like net that are made with two iso-surfaces.
(One blue iso and one red iso.)

The glass-"sphere" thing is made with CSG, but
as David pointed out, it isn't easy to see it's
real outer or inner contours.

If you have a look at the leftmost shape in the
last image within my post "Inside It" (17. Jan.
2001 to this NG):

then you'll see one half of the shape I used in
this "Outside it" scene.

--
Best regards,

Tor Olav