POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Website about viewing 3D images with polarizing filters : Re: Website about viewing 3D images with polarizing filters Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Website about viewing 3D images with polarizing filters
From: Josh English
Date: 30 Jan 2001 17:22:28
Message: <3A773EA3.A116EAA4@spiritone.com>
Remco Poelstra wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've made a website about viewing 3D images with polarizing filters.
> www.beryllium.net/~remco/polaroid/
> It's based on an experiment I'm doing for physics together with a friend.
> All images will be done in povray, but only the simple images (to
> explain how it works) are done by me. For the cool images did I recieve
> some sourcecode from TonyB and Tor Olav Kristenen.
> The website isn't completed yet, since the experiment just started.
>
> I hope some might get inspired and try this at home!
>
> Please tell me whether you like the site or not and so on.
>
> Remco Poelstra

I have wanted to experiment with building special viewers that force both
eyes to look at two images at the same time, but I never got around to it. I
can't do the cross eyed technique myself, so I wanted to build a vieweing box
with a divider in the middle that seperates two images that would be rendered
like the green spiral on the site.

One thing that I would also like to know, and maybe this page will eventually
tell me, is if polarized images have to be projected onto a screen and
reflected, or could an image be printed onto polarized film and viewed in one
shot with polarized lenses for the eyes

--
Josh English -- Lexiphanic Lethomaniac
eng### [at] spiritonecom