POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Outside It (100KB) : Outside It (100KB) Server Time
4 May 2024 19:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Outside It (100KB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 29 Jan 2001 16:40:43
Message: <3A75E2D9.BCDC99AE@online.no>
Here's probably just another image in
my series of uncommented images...   :)

It took me almost 40 hours to render.

I had hoped to render it in 800x600
resolution with a higher max_trace_level
and with anti aliasing, but after a 160x120
test rendering I realized that I did not
have the patience for that.

(If anyone has some idle 1GHz cpu-cycles
to spare for a larger rendering, then please
tell me. I would appreciate that very much.)

The image shows the same shape as in my
the "Inside It" image that I posted here
12 days ago.

The 2 iso's here are following the surface
that are formed by Chris Huff's vortex
function that he used in the image that
he posted here 12. Dec. -00:

I chose to view the glass ball from above,
(because I'm not at all good with horizons
and skies.) But I think that the reflections
would be nicer if it were reflecting some
sky too.

Comments are very welcome.

--
Best regards,