POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Cloth simulator v. 0.1.0 : Cloth simulator v. 0.1.0 Server Time
17 Jun 2024 06:43:13 EDT (-0400)
  Cloth simulator v. 0.1.0
From: Jérôme M  Berger
Date: 26 Jan 2001 11:12:26
Message: <3A71A1E1.2020109@iname.com>
If you remember the cloth simulator I did for my latest IRTC entry, and
of which I'd posted a couple of samples two month ago, I've just put a
new version online. The core simulation engine is exactly the same, but
now it reads its parameters from a file, so you don't need to recompile
eache time (and you don't need to understand C++ to use it ;) You'll
find the source code (GPLed), a linux binary (works on my machine, I
don't guarantee it'll work anywhere else though) and and the doc at this
address:
http://www.enst.fr/~jberger/cloth/cloth.html

	If somebody makes a dos/win binary, please let me know so I can add a link.

	As time permits (and depending on my needs), I plan to add the following
(no particular order):

* a realistic friction model (the current one is pure fantasy);
* a dynamic simulation model (plus animation facilities and wind);
* use the semi-solid cloth model (should allow faster simulation);
* handle self-collisions;
* ability to read/write the cloth in a file;
* ability to attach the cloth (like hanging curtains);
* other objects to interact with;
* ...

	If you have other ideas, or if you'd like some features to be implemented
first, don't hesitate to tell it!

		Jerome
--

* Abandon the search for truth, * mailto:ber### [at] inamecom
* Settle for a good fantasy.    * http://www.enst.fr/~jberger