POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POV has Antialias against Background? : Re: POV has Antialias against Background? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 01:56:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV has Antialias against Background?
From: Bogdan
Date: 18 Jan 2001 21:32:12
Message: <3A67A76D.574DEE40@yahoo.com>
Ben Chambers wrote:

> Bogdan wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I am new to POV world...but allready  like it very much
> >
> > I have a problem: How to disable antialiasing against a background?
> > is it possible?
> >
> > I need this because i am working at a RTS game...and we need to
> > eliminate black borderes around our sprites ....
> >
> > Thx
> > Bogdan
>
> If you're trying to eliminate the black border, it sounds like you
> _want_ antialiasing.  Aliasing is the "sharp border" effect, which also
> causes jagged lines.  Antialiasing softens borders, lines and colors in
> such a way that these artifacts disappear.
> ...Chambers

Yes i know ...but you see:
When anti-alias is done some pixeles at the margin of the image (sprites
on black background)
are "blended" betwwen my model and background....so when i place the
sprite in my game...(using color rgb<0,0,0> as a "color key", ie dont
place those pixels)
then a thin black border appeares on screen....its because of
antialias..hellas

I want antialias inside the sprite (model) just dont want it around the
model..or lets say
at the place "the ray" touches the background (a black one )

Such a feature is VERY much used in games...(3D Max has it...but i like
POV better :) )

Thx