POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help with my new webserver : Re: Help with my new webserver Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:22:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with my new webserver
From: Simon Lemieux
Date: 18 Jan 2001 04:18:40
Message: <3A66B524.591C8243@yahoo.com>
> You seem to tend towards RGB-type color schemes, which isn't a bad thing but isn't
jpeg
> friendly. So if your file sizes are somewhat larger than normal so be it... (case in
point
> most of the full-size pics on my site are around 100-150k, but the lego phalanx is
nearly
> 300. that's 800x600 too, and your high-res versions are bigger than that)

I know, at first I rendered my images to ppm wich has no compression and no loss
of data... then I convert it JPEG with 0.00 compression, I made a small program
that would open an uncompressed png and a jpg... compared the two and there were
no differences. JPEG's algorithm is very efficient, even more when you have
uniform areas...
Also, my high res versions are 1280x1024...

--
| Simon Lemieux           | http://www.666Mhz.net            |